View Single Post
Old 19-02-2018, 01:42 AM
Master
I don't put too much stock in any of these single pointers as reliable guides. Astrologers say it's because there is much more to any single person (and thus their chart). That seems more reasonable

Nonetheless, full disclosure...my dad has always been a stereotypical Leo in the sense of needing incessant ego-boosting, relating to women overtly sexually for the purpose of lining up shags on the side, and cheating relentlessly on mum (always with the hand-picked outliers...various vulnerable, unstable, flaky, half-formed, but always married women who were equally as amoral as he was, so strings-free), followed by his relieving his guilt by dragging her through all the details and endless mindscrewage...alternatively threatening to leave and then graciously staying once she forgave him. Rinse, wash, repeat. His self-esteem being based primarily on his mojo and his conquests (of course), and on what a handsome black-haired English-Irish gent he had always been told that he was -- a bit like Pierce Brosnan but without the character -- along with his insatiable need to partake of sex on the side without any responsibilty -- was hollow and built on shifting sands.

Like too many women praised early on for their looks, his character development was neglected and tended toward the superficial in many aspects as a result of coasting on looks and charm. Instead, he felt that as a tall, good-looking white man in a suit, he mainly just had to show up in life and do a reasonably decent job to get commendations and rewards and Pussy Galore...all whilst being cruel, resentful, demeaning, and withholding to his wife and fam. Except for sex...he did engage in that wif mum no matter who else he was shagging on the side...always keep 'em guessing and off bal, eh? As the eldest in his fam, he resented the hell out of his younger bros and sis's, who looked up to him like a god, LOL...and he freely complained of his petty childhood grievances till he was at least 50 or 55...and especially by early 60s, more recently, at which point melanoma gave him a different perspective entirely on family and what they can do for you.

I love my father, and I have always accepted his severe shortcomings, but I take no pleasure in saying that many of the worst stereotypes of Leo are his. Though, to be fair, they were also fairly widespread and rampant in many men of his day, and under our toxic cultural paradigm, much of this behaviour has continued mindlessly with hordes of gents on through to the present day... so it is hardly fair to put all his and all similar manner of sorry and pathetic shortcomings on one sign out of 12, LOL... I also know that this means no matter what your genetic lot (nor your date of birth), there is no substitute for depth of character. And that it is in our choices and our struggles that we become who we are, full stop.

Peace & blessings
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke