Thread: KARMA
View Single Post
Old 13-06-2019, 04:44 AM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHairedWoman
Maybe it is perception, the way you think. "Life is what you make it" means what you think of it, and how you act or react to what you think. So, if 99.99% of life is beyond our control, then why not just sit down and wait for the end? I think you are having a bad day. 99.99% is way too high. Just think about when you woke up this morning? You had a few choices right then.

Yes, sometimes things happen that are out of our control, but our response to it is ALWAYS in our control.

Well! When I said 99.99%, I actually meant 100%
My understanding from my personal experience is that, when we say My Action or my doing, we seem to be guided by our personal volition.
On closer scrutiny one may reach a conclusion that the so called choices made by us supposedly under our total free will are guided by our genes (DNA) and the hitherto conditioning (up to date life experiences - memories) which were never under our control.

You rightly asked - then why do anything and why not wait for life to happen?

Well! Have you ever tried "Doing nothing"
You have NO CHOICE for that too. It is not possible to "Do nothing"
All the actions (yous or anybody else's) and or happenings are a part of (but NOT separate from) totality of the functioning of this manifest universe.

This is my understanding. You may find this fatalistic.
Well actions are still happening through this Mind Body Apparatus as and when needed.
Namaskar