View Single Post
Old 18-09-2016, 02:14 AM
Experiencer
The Netherlands is a highly civilized country. Densily populated.
There is a constant need for more housings and project developers want to build more office buildings all the time.

That goes even more in Amsterdam. My city works like a magnet on people from all over the country and from abroad.
Space is precious. Green even more. Citizens fight regularly against expansion plans of project developers. In my area, West, there is another plan for transforming green, the little we have left, into a flat building.
Here is the dutch site: http://westerparkgroen.nl/
It has big pictures so even without reading it should not be hard to understand.

I think that today moving to a plant based diet is even more important then before. For both health and environmental reasons. It's important to make people more aware of it.
A lot of people find vegans irritating when they come up with their message. Well, I think they will have to learn to understand that we do need to change. Cost for health insurance is spiralling up. Bees are having a very hard time, deforestation in the tropics for feeding live stock. Problems are piling up.
And people still believe that eating meat is good and necessary for your health. You should see those fat people walking on the street overhere. Lots of them don't even walk at all anymore. They can only move by bicycle because their knees can't handle the weight anymore.