View Single Post
Old 07-04-2011, 07:02 PM
mac

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyB.
I feel that Orbie was just trying to be helpful, ZPF.

The true 'meaning' of mediumship has been discussed and rediscussed many times in the last few pages of this forum. Everyone has so many different interpretations it will never be agreed on...

For me personally when I am channeling..It feels telepathic. The words and sentences I hear in my mind are fairly constant and flow. Does not mean that they are exactly as 'source' intended as many factors come into play. Our own interpretation, belief systems, and egos will play a part. Although I do find the most important part of the message will be repeated several times in different ways in order to underline a point and I can therefore take those parts as fact. I always write my channeling down and usually see the true meaning of the words on reflection...

As a medium however, the process is a lot more subtle. Feelings,words, images, thoughts, sounds and smells...Especially for the validations. However, when it comes to the actual message to be convey from the spirit.I will often have complete sentences come together as I am blending with the spirit into a form of trance mediumship..(Another whole subject it-self......)

Channeling to me, involves a different type of energy to mediumship.

Hope that helps

LB
X

That's the best description I've heard of the differences.

Broadening the topic, for whom are the channelled words? For yourself or for the benefit of another/others?

Is the source of the channelled words known to you? Is she/he linked specifically to you or someone who serves others in similar situations to yourself?

Do you see yourself primarily as channeller or medium? Is your mediumship 'evidential mediumship' where you seek to bring identifying info. for the recipient along with a message etc?