View Single Post
Old 02-04-2017, 05:18 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by MARDAV70
CrystalSong...Thank you for saying it so well...! Not only the part I highlighted, but the entire response is exactly in tune with what I've gleaned since having my NDE...which caused me to read and view dozens of accounts.
The reason I highlighted that part is because for me this reflects on the idea that our spirits/souls/consciousness is still influenced by the ego at least to some (?) degree when we have these experiences. As a result of listening to what the experienced have said about changes in their philosophies because of those experiences (not the specifics of what they saw) it makes sense to me it's only when the finality of the spirit/soul/consciousness is separated from the ego will it experience the reality of that dimension/place.

It's an interesting mixture of what is needed for a successful OBE. I'm talking conscious OBE's, not accidental one's. And ego is needed for the beginning and ending part. In the beginning to set the Intention to do an OBE and to set the destination for it, then it goes quiet and still, afterwards when the OBE is done the ego engages once and again and contemplates what was seen, felt and experienced and of course goes about labeling and describing and often slanting things and melding them together in some sort of cohesive experience. It can't help itself - it's sort of designed to interpret everything it can - it's biologically hardwired into it.
But the ego can't go OBE, only the Greater consciousness or eternal consciousness part can, the ego then translates what was seen/experienced into its own language.

One of the harder things to get our head around is that we are composite Beings, the Ego of course thinks it IS the totality of the Being, but it is only one part of several parts and different parts have different abilities. I believe when the body dies that some of what we experienced while in body is added to the over all Higher Self, all the pertinent parts and memories of strong emotions.
So when we NDE or OBE we still feel, like our self, or something very close to it - meaning or essential essence is unchanged. This is one reason people who NDE a and OBE loose their fear of death - they know due to having experienced it that they will persist as consciousness - just without a body, until they choose to move back into one again. Consciousness doesn't end though bodies come and go.