View Single Post
Old 14-03-2019, 01:12 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by NoOne
I'm quite new here, but I personally don't see this forum as a venue for serious discussion. Those usually happen on a scholarly level and rarely in English. Most people here are interested in twin flames, ghosts, spooks, angels, divination and that sort of thing.

To my mind, that is fine, most people can't be expected to understand the minutiae of Hindu philosophy. It is a very complex subject that mostly people in India would understand, who speak the requisite languages and have access to the resources and people who truly know what they're talking about, mostly at university level. There might be a few people in Indology departments in the West that are well-versed in the subject, but they're not going to be participating in forums like these. Your best bet would be to look up your local Indology department, if there is one at your local university and make inquiries there.

Tibetan Buddhists are usually better represented in the West and there are various Buddhist Universities and Colleges that provide instruction, I'm not aware of anything like that on the Hindu side, except for explicitly religious organisations that push a particular interpretation or sect within Hinduism, with a missionary approach.

I myself looked into Hindu philosophy a bit, when I was younger, but I can't say I retained too much of it. I find both the Hindu and Buddhist approach to be unnecessarily complex and convoluted. There is so much wisdom in there, but it often gets lost in trying to create elaborate mental structures to explain things that are actually fairly simple.

I think your desire to have more elaborate discussions on the complexities of Hinduism may be a sign of over-reliance on the intellectual side. There is nothing wrong with intellect of course, but getting too reliant on it is a form of Maya, creating an elaborate structural illusion that locks your mind in the complexities, which are admittedly quite beguiling, but you may miss the bigger picture in the process.
I am revisiting this post.

If this whole thread is now read in context, you can plainly see my whole dilemma on this forum.

It is not that I am over relying on my intelligence, I would just like it if many others could just "make logical sense" when they engage me in discussion. I guess that I am more reliant on my God-given common sense than on my intelligence.

After which, I spend ages trying to work out whatever do I DO that ATTRACTS nescient people towards me like moths to a flame? I then rule out other things... Yes, maybe English is not their first language... Yes, maybe they are illiterate due to a lack of education, then I find out they have a "spiritual learning disability" when I try to educate them.

This really isn't about finding "more intelligent" people to talk to... It is about others EXPECTATIONS of me. They expect me to fully buy their brand of "spiritual merchandise" in the name of 'tolerance' and 'compassion' and then they become totally intolerant and uncompassionate themselves when I do not.

I can see right through the veil of ignorance my friend. I can read others' minds, understand their intentions through their choice of words and the way they are expressed... This allows me to plot and promulgate outcomes and I am never wrong! Not once has another human being ever done anything that I didn't already know they were going to do... NOT ONCE!

This goes beyond limited and local intelligence to the "knowledge of all things" and there have been countless times I have given others the benefit of the doubt... Others who have said to me; "you only THINK you know, but you don't know anything" ....they don't disappoint me in their predictable behaviour patterns EITHER!

It is like I am a "social commentator"..... Like a cosmic form of David Attenborough making a documentary on the human species as if they all were meerkats (a lot of similarities exist there by the way) and I have NEVER thought of myself as being "human" or even associated myself with the species... As I have NO discernable "human traits"... Well, maybe except for getting annoyed with how totally stupid and ridiculous other people can be... And, I have spent my whole life waiting for a human to break the stereotypical label... Before realising that they only live up to it and thus, the label is fully justified.

I have tried helping others, but they only want to be helped THEIR way, which I cannot provide and the teachings on Karma Yoga make no mention of this dilemma and dichotomy.

Anyway, that is enough for now, and apart from me saying two mantras "thanks, I'll consider it" and "I am happy you have found something that works for YOU" what else IS there in regards to communication with a being of the species?