View Single Post
Old 03-02-2019, 08:52 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by OPVerma
What you are referring is about the evolutionary history of Vaishnism and Shivaism. The choice of worshiping Shiva or Krishna depends upon the mental and physical status of the person. Shiva absorbs the tamasic tendencies (eg ignorance, indolence, ) that are hurdle in spiritual progress, and cleanse body and mind for advancement. Worshiping Krishna leads one towards active spirituality.

However, one should not only stick to these modes of worship throughout all his life but take to the practice of yoga of truthfulness ( or any other out of 12), acquisition of knowledge and cultivation of virtues for further advancement. This is the holistic approach to spirituality. You were disappointed with ISKCON as they were unable to provide you this.
This is why I said in that other referenced thread that what I said was NOT up for discussion...even though here I am discussing it... simply because I KNOW what I know... others KNOW what they know and never the twain shall meet and so, if you have a way around that, I am all eyes.

Aum Namah Shivaya