View Single Post
Old 03-02-2019, 07:25 AM
Master
During the excavations at Mojendro Daro, there were quite a few statues found representing a "Goddess form" and also, a clay seal was uncovered which bore the emblem of a horned Deity seated in Mulabhandasana, thought to represent a tribal God called Pashupati, who is believed to be the forerunner of the Shiva cults which followed and yes, quite a few Shivalingams were found also.

My source of reference for all of this is, of course, Alain Danielou - the erudite Shaivite scholar.

https://books.google.com.au/books/ab...on&redir_esc=y

However, some people will believe whatever they WANT to believe and just pick only those facts supporting that belief and totally discount all of the other facts because they do not want to believe it... especially seeing as how they mention the religious sect they are involved in...With EVERY post they make. Some pretty hard core indoctrination going on right there!

Don't worry...It is a very common human trait in the egoic need to be seen as being "right" all the time. Thank God I am over all of that.

Now, I shall be off for a few days watching lectures by my newfound Guru, Peter Marchand who is the disciple of Harish Johari.

Coming on SF is like participating in a kindergarten sandpit squabble over the shovel and bucket...It is annoying!

Watching my Guru immediately shows how the "big boys" play and it feels like a weight has been lifted off...There is instant relief!

Peter doesn't care if one worships either the Saguna or Nirguna form of Lord Shiva...As long as one DOES and with total unconditional love is the main thing, admitting that it is much easier for the mind to focus on the concrete rather than the abstract.

However, please get your historical data right and then get back to me.

Aum Namah Shivaya