View Single Post
Old 26-06-2019, 01:27 PM
Deactivated Account
We are all starchildren.

Everyone is. You, me, and even the biggest morons of the past such as Hitler and Stalin.

Just to be clear, no... I'm not refering to that new age nonsense about highly advanced beings/aliens in human form. Sorry, but that's got to be one of the biggest idiocy I've ever heard off.

Let me be precise: When massive stars go supernova, they create many of the elements of the periodic table, some of which are known as the building blocks of life and make up the human body such as oxygen, carbon, nitrogen, and hydrogen. Nearly all the elements in the human body were made in a star and a lot of them came from exploding stars.

Although most of us live only up to about 80 years old, technically we are much older because we have stuff in us that's about as old as the universe itself. So there you have it, we are all adorable pieces of walking stardust given life.

Truth is, we don't need a god to feel special. The fact that no god created us but that we came from the stars makes the existence of life even more of a miracle than as if it was created by a god.