Thread: Hurricane Irma
View Single Post
Old 14-09-2017, 03:43 AM
Lepus

Hello,

Glad you're safe, Clover

It's no coincidence that the gas prices went high during Irma. Around 6 million people were ordered to evacuate and the media knew by excessively displaying the category 5 hurricane coming to Florida (which never was going to be category 5 by the time it reached key west, later falling into category 3) people were afraid to stay. The type of fear mongering is what gets the media ratings go high whilst having people spend money for gas which reached over $3 per gallon is what the mandatory evacuations started. It was considered martial law to some and the red cross, dont get me started. Lets just say the red cross is not to be trusted. I understand for those that require power and living close to the coast line (South Florida) where hurricane Irma was heading should be the ones to leave, but you can't have a bunch of people evacuate because of officials telling you to leave (especially in areas where the hurricane wasn't going to hit harshly) it is unconstitutional. Reminds me of hurricane Katrina. Don't forget looting started happening when people where getting ready to evacuate. Every year, improvements are made to the hurricane forecast models, thus it shouldn't be unpredictable.

Lepus