View Single Post
Old 15-01-2019, 09:38 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlayerOfLight
It happens from time to time that people feel the need to tell me that I'm digging my own grave by not talking to anyone about how I feel and what's consuming me, and I still have no intention to do so. I am being told that keeping everything to myself is self-harm and dangerous and that I need to contact someone. But honestly what good would it be? All it really does is bring others down with my own misery and I don't want to become some 'energy vampire' who needs to do that in order to sustain my well-being. I'm also recommended plenty of times to see a psychologist, but I don't like the idea of paying a random company money just so I get to tell a random stranger a sad story, which isn't their business to meddle with. I also convinced myself that showing sadness and emotions to others is a weakness that can and will be used against me, should I wear my emotions so casually on my sleeves. I admit that it is sometimes very tempting when a charismatic person or especially a girl approaches me about it to spill it out, but usually in the end I still overcome those temptations.

I created this thread because I just keep encountering people, sometimes even complete strangers when I'm at bars and clubs who ask me what is wrong, why I'm very quiet and not dancing and enjoying like they do. Almost as if it's God somehow sending these people (unbeknownst to them) to try and convince me of my error of not talking to anyone about my mental well-being or that I need to cheer up or something like that. But honestly, I'm not sure because my spiritual state is terrible and my relationship with God is sour, to put it only mildly. Therefore I won't rule out that all of this is just meaningless coincidence and that God gave up on me.

So what is your stance on this one? Do you think it's better to keep everything to yourself in order to hold negativity and 'bad energy' at bay, or is it a necessity for the better?

There is an ability to deal alone and quite comfortably bring peace to your inner world. Containment or suppression often will come back to you to deal with in some way, so if your resisting yourself then it could backfire in time. Introverts process inwardly most often. Extroverts most often need a sounding board and energy of a group to energise and work through stuff. Not being the life of the party will have extroverts noticing. We introverts gain our energy by being alone to sort and find balance. We like nature and the confiding space of someone close and understanding.