View Single Post
Old 25-01-2018, 08:27 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by catsquotl
I don't find the conversation difficult. Just that most people don't seem to agree with my findings is what causes stress. Also the fact that many a spiritual conversation seems to hit the perceived dichotomy of different belief systems.

That's OK. Near enough everyone disagrees with me as well.

Quote:
In my experience many spiritually inclined people will knowingly or unknowingly belittle there conversation partner oozing an air which spells you don't understand the elevated position I am speaking from. That precise attitude is what I find aggravating, and after years of letting it slide I intended to no longer do that. Saying it out loud when I see it.

In the end though that as about as useful as saying projecting the feeling that I find so appalling in the spiritual inclined..

ShantiMayi once said (and I'm probably misquoting what she said in lieu of my understanding from it) that the evil ones unite in bringing about chaos. As that is easy to do from a personal point of view. The blessed ones though can't seem to unite on anything which is why chaos seems so prevalent.

Yea, different teachers express different views because they are just people like anyone else.

Quote:
What I think happens is that when we find universal truths, we are only capable of expressing our understanding of it.

Yes, that's true.

Quote:
Using the images and translated understanding in symbols that are personally meaningful, but are alien to others. Not realizing our explanations don't make sense to someone else we feel misunderstood, belittled and often attacked for our beliefs/understanding.

Attacks consist of accusations, insinuations, undermining of personal integrity etc. That's completely different to having differing views and gaps in mutual understanding. I suggest refraining from 'you language' and/or making people into discussion topics as much as possible - because people may speak of themselves if they wish.

Quote:
With Love
Eelco