View Single Post
Old 27-12-2019, 05:39 AM
Newbie ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by markings
Falun Dafa is a bit like Scientology. Good with its initial practices, exercises and explanations. Once you get deeper into it the ideas become crazy, almost non-sensical and way out.

I didn't find it anything like Scientology. There is no money involved, people come and go as they please and there is no central power base. People just practice a set of 5 gentle qi-gong exercises,read the core theory of the practice which is Zhuan Falun and try to live by the core precepts of Truthfulness, Compassion and Forebearance.

It totally respects free will, if you want to practice you're welcome, if you don't you're free to go about your way. This is expounded in Zhuan Falun:

1.) "Here we’re teaching you to take the right path, and along with that, we’re teaching you the Law inside and out and encouraging you to have your own understanding of it, but it’s still up to you whether you decide to learn it. "The master leads you through the door, but cultivation is up to you. Nobody’s going to push you to cultivate. It’s up to you whether you cultivate. Or to put it another way, when you choose your own path, when you decide what you want, or when you’re trying to get something—nobody will stop you. They can only try to kindly persuade you"

2.) "Our Falun Dafa is one of the Buddhist system’s 84,000 disciplines. It’s never been passed on to the general public before during this period of civilization, but it did once save people on a large scale in a prehistoric age. Today I’m spreading it again widely during this final period of the kalpa’s end, so it’s just extremely precious."

3.)"I’m not saying you have to learn my Falun Dafa, but I can say that what I’m doing is sharing some principles with you. If you want to cultivate you have to commit to one discipline, or else you won’t be able to cultivate one bit. Of course, if you don’t want to cultivate we’ll leave you alone. The Law is meant to be heard by people who really cultivate."