View Single Post
Old 03-02-2013, 06:31 PM
sesheta

1. What is Death to you? -

To me, Death is merely a passage from this life, to the next....

2. Are we just fleshy blimps in some meaningless stew of cosmic oblivion?
- In a sense, I guess we are all very small "blimps" floating in the Universe! However, we are certainly, in each life we have (if you believe in reincarnation..) here for a reason - we may spend most of our lives trying to understand what that reason is - but there is always a reason for our existence....

3. Why do some people put death on such a pedestal? Some fear it, and some are mesmerized it, like those who go on Gore Sites and watch snuff films for shock value.

- I think that is more based on how someone perceives Death - whether they consider it an ending, with nothing after - whether they fear dying - it is all a matter of perception, in my opinion. As for watching gory movies, etc....I think that is simply a part of human nature that needs to face that ultimate fear - or maybe it just gives us the opportunity to realize how fleeting our life can be, and to not take time for granted....

4. What is the ultimate meaning of having a body? Why is it so important, if all each of us are made of the same thing, blood and bones, and if we all die the same anyways?

- Well, without a physical body, life wouldn't be nearly as much fun, lolol!! Think of all the things you do on a regular basis - if you had no physical body, most of those things would be impossible! We learn a great deal through our senses.....

5. How have you learned to see everyone for who they are on the inside, instead of just their bodies? And do you love and respect your own vessel?
- I very much love & respect my own body....As for others, I think most of us learn slowly, over time, that a person's real "beauty" or worth, is who they are inside....

6. Is there a spiritual meaning or reasoning behind the action of murder? What are your views on it, and have you ever thought of taking someones life or just how easy it would be to? Thoughts...

- There is always a reason for everything. I am not a violent person by nature, but I know without a doubt that if someone were to physically threaten me, or physically threaten someone I love - or one of my beloved cats - I would have no problem at all stopping them by any means necessary......

7. Why is the human body so resilient and built for survival yet other times death happens so easily?

- Very good question.....But ultimately, I think that when it's your time, it is your time. The movie "Premonition" with Sandra Bullock, is one of my favorites - it focuses on that subject of whether or not you can stop someone's death or not......I recommend it!

8. Why should gory deaths bother us if we know the person whom has died, does not feel it? Or is it just that we are putting ourselves in their shoes?

- I think it is simply that we get concerned that the person suffered before their death - whether that death was "gory" or if it was from a drawn-out disease....As humans, we hate to think of someone suffering....Thus the reason why, when someone has died after battling with illness/disease for a long time, we also feel a sense of comfort/relief, knowing that their pain & suffering has finally ended.....

9. What do you think about ancient egyptian mummification? According to myth, they didn't think they were preserving their bodies for the underworld, but instead, to be able to come back to life some day. Possible? Impossible?
- I have always connected strongly to ancient Egypt, so the concept of mummification fascinates me...I have mentioned to people before that I would love to be mummified when I die. And yes, I also believe that physical immortality can be possible....but that is a whole other issue, lolol!

10. Is there spiritual background to those who have sexual attractions to the dead?

- I think this is an issue which would need to be dealt with through a psychiatrist/therapist who is trained in that area...I don't find anything "spiritual" about that concept...that is a mental issue.....

11. Lastly, if bodies are such perfect creations, (and they are undoubtfully if you study anatomy) then why do we have to void our bowels all the time, among other disgusting and annoying things?

-Yes, the human body is an amazing creation but, ultimately, we are still "creatures", like all other animals on this planet, and our bodies need to perform in a certain way for us to survive! Simply the way we're built...

And ultimately, if they are so amazing, why would we not take them with us after we die? Why are they just left to rot?

- If physical immortality can be attained, we can indeed keep our body for a very long time! However, until that is achieved.....we need to shed one shell or skin, in order to renew ourselves and start over - like a snake shedding it's skin...or a caterpillar becoming a butterfly - transformation.....