View Single Post
Old 08-11-2017, 01:31 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kioma
I think it is because inevitably religion becomes a worldly entity. It is an organization, facing competition from other organizations, and being an organization depending on greater participation for it's survival. At that point, the focus moves from spiritual principles to power principles. That is where the shift occurs.

The inspirational stuff is still there, but the everyday workings of the church revolve around an entirely different agenda because it is an organization, essentially a business, that is dependent on income, participation, and popular support.

That is the difference.

Hi Kioma,

Well said.

You touch upon some issues I have with organized religion and when faith turns into a marketing tool of sorts, IMO.

Why I don't feel comfortable attending church at present.

There are those I've spoken with that say they are aware of those issues, but find grace in attending services. Which is fine with me if that is what works or gives one a center.

I had someone at work ask me if I go to church, I said no. When he asked why, I said that's my bussiness, for didn't want to get into it. He continually persued the issue with saying he didn't understand. Finally I said because the church, to me, seems to more interested in man then God. He agreed a bit on this and said he goes mainly for social reasons. Which I can understand, in a way.

Well, it is my issue and accept that.

But, when money, profit, power, and such gets involved then feel it can twist the intention of what is suppose to be taught or guided, IMO. Which I feel is some of what you bring up.

As far as one practicing, believing, and having faith in something feel it is personal and respected as such, if no harm is being promoted.

A tricky path at times.

Thank you.