Thread: Animal Egos??
View Single Post
Old 24-07-2020, 06:20 PM
ketzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by inavalan
Some people wonder if pets were happier in the wild, where their own kind live, and did whatever those do.

It seems that those who incarnate as pets don't have the same objectives here as those who incarnate as their wild counterparts. They're part of the inner schemes played at the subconscious level together with their human companions.

Egos have various level of development. I read somewhere an interesting comparison: ego is for its inner-self, like the bark is for the tree .

I recall seeing in one (maybe more) documentary about dogs that they are more prone to bond with humans, then they are to bond with other dogs. IDK if it is true, but they do seem to bond with us quite strongly. Which brings up the questions, after all of the selective breeding directed evolution that has taken place, are those wild relatives still their own kind. Or another question might be, what defines me and my kind. My inner model of self as represented by my ego, or is it my outer bark that looks more or less like a homosapien. Perhaps the dogs ego tells it it is a human.

One might ask if humans might be happier in the trees with troops of chimpanzees than in tall stuffy office buildings. I am not sure if I am more like a chimpanzee than a business man myself.