View Single Post
Old 14-04-2012, 11:43 PM
res

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyTerra
It is my believe--concerning underage participants of SF--that the responsibility lies with their parents.

Parents should be involved with the online participation of their children and have frank and open discussions with their young ones--regarding the SpiritualBeliefs of their own family unit.

I (personally) would not allow my 14 year old to visit message boards of any kind--because people are apt to post their individual views.

I raised (5) children and was completely involved in their music, television, movie, video game, and internet choices--until they came of age and left home.

We cant watch our kids 24/7 no matter how good a parent we are. If your child wants to explore avenues without you knowing they will find a way.

Quote:
That being said--I have read the entire thread (in question) and still maintain that (IMO) no one has advocated suicide.

Quote:
Many have chosen to live lives and pursue careers that place them outside the general idea of safety and prudent lifestyles.

Our Firefighters, Police Officers, and Military Personnel--to name a few--place their lives and the futures of their children in jeopardy--in the line of duty--everyday.

Some would see this as a death wish.

Wouldnt that depend on their intentions are? What these people do is admirable but i doubt that when they wake up they say " yeah today i am going to take more risks at work and live a life that will more likely lead to an early death. Maybe some do and in my opnion those people that voice their intent in this manner and based on the dictionary definitions would be considered suicidal.

BTW i loved Evil Kenievel as a child, did he suggest that he was taking high level risks to end his life early? I believe his stunts were with the intention of "defying death" rather than taking risks with the "intention of increasing the chances of death". Intention is the key word here.

Quote:
Concerning the point of this thread--I still maintain that no one has been encouraged to harm themselves in any way--in my humble opinion.

I dont believe that it is possible to be 100% sure that no one has been/felt personally encouraged by something.