View Single Post
Old 19-04-2016, 08:18 PM
Master
girlsearching - I am a writer and as such use to write just about everything down in poetry, journals, short stories, prose you name it. I even wrote an autobiography of my life. It was 245 pages and I was going to incorporate my art on some pages of the book. I even sent out the outline/summary of the book to a publisher. Then something happened. I went to a writing seminar and when people asked me what the book was about I didn't want to talk about it. In fact, with the seminar facilitator's help, I discovered that I wrote the book for self-therapeutic means and really didn't want anyone reading my book. So I tucked it away. It's all converted to memory upstairs but recently I decided to set myself free from the past and destroyed the book. I shredded journals and even some poetry. Some people may think that was over the top, but it freed me from dark times I have moved away from.

I wouldn't recommend it for anyone that has any doubts about whether or not he/she wishes to revisit writing from the past because I wiped my hard drive clean and shredded paper copies. I can't get things back.

I do so enjoy reading so much though that other authors write and am glad that they didn't have a change of heart like I did.