View Single Post
Old 30-10-2017, 08:05 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by r6r6r

I agree with this conclusion, however, we also have known --- or at least believed to be --cosmic absolute truths.

Ex mass-attracts{ gravity } if we dont know the exact mechanisms.

Ex there can only exist five, regular/symmetrical polyhedra of Universe.

I'm not trying diverge from topic, just trying clarify that some concepts of experiences are known with certainty ergo absolute truths.

"Absolute truths" are still approximations. Neil approached it this way:

Neil deGrasse Tyson answered the question, “What is gravity?”
“I have no idea,” he joked.

Then, he went on to explain, “Here’s the difference. We can describe gravity, we can say what it does to other things.”

“We can measure it, we can predict with it,” he continued, “but when you start asking, like, what it is? I don’t know.”

https://www.rawstory.com/2014/11/nei...-what-it-does/

This is the case with pretty-much everything that we think we know. We can address such things in terms of functionality, we can manipulate such things in a repetitive manor, but we really don't know what it "is". We only know what such things happen to look-like to our senses. And our senses are only calibrated to absorb information at a most narrowly defined spectrum. We would need greater access in order to view with greater clarity... and probably need to channel such information through something far more complex than our current human brain. :)