View Single Post
Old 15-09-2017, 08:58 PM
Master
The Power of Art

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serana Windw
I have made visual art in an intense way for almost all my life. I have collegial studies in art both on a practical level but in art history. I saw so much artworks be it by professional or by amateurs artists be it in museum, in books and on the net. At one point I had a virtual gallery of almost 100 000 artworks files.

I had some interests in religious art too. Be it from Christianity, hinduism, paganism, etc. I have done meditation with some of those artworks.

So you can say that I really love visual art. It's true but sometimes, I hate it. I am really sensitive so artworks can have a great power over me. Sometimes I cannot see pictures that inspired me once beacause I feel crushed by their powers. Spirituality is a really intimate thing so to have always a picture made by someone else in my head can be damning. It's like I cannot have my own visions. I feel like it's a violation of my integrity in some point.

In a way everything can have some good and some bad in them simultaneously.

Do some people react the same way that I do?

Serana Windw,

Consider that music IS also art arrayed on the palette of sound, rhythm, lyrics, and the recording artist's perspective as performed upon the backdrop of silence...just as drawings are arrays of color, shading, shapes, and the artist's perspective as drawn upon the backdrop of the medium of canvas or paper.

Consider that everything....from the clothes you wear (fashion as art) to where you live (architecture as art), to the books you read (literature as art), to the food you eat (culinary art), to the movies you watch (performing arts)....

.....IS you know what.

Whether as fashion designers, architects, writers, chefs, actors, recording artists, or the audiences who enjoy their work, we may "look" at the world WITH our eyes, but we “see” the world, each other, and ourselves THROUGH our ideas ("eye"-deas !).

You haven't lost your passion for art at all. Passion, in the form of art, is ALL around you. Do you see ?

Indulge yourself in the bounty of art that is actually your life.....the entirety of which you can "draw upon" for inspiration, if you are able to see all of it AS ideas....being "performed" through an artistic perspective....

Enjoy it ALL !!

Please also consider that your former and current responses to art you've loved....is the objective proof of your artistic evolution, which functions as a "lens" to judge its quality.

In other words, the quality one sees in art (or no longer sees) is essentially a function of the lens through which one is taught to recognize an artist's technique or intention. The lens, called art education, is a refinement of your own ability to perceive those aspects through YOUR ideas of them...when you APPLY the lens you are taught to use to determine what "fine art" is.

As to your statement: "I had some interests in religious art too. Be it from Christianity, hinduism, paganism, etc. I have done meditation with some of those artworks.", consider that....

....Quality does (objectively) what quality is (subjectively)

....or you would not be able to recognize its qualitative counterpart in YOU, when you see it outside of yourself...such as when reflected in the artwork you mentioned, or in the unmatched quality of beauty in the Creation around you.

"We don't see the things the way they are. We see things the way WE are."
- Talmund

What is the way WE are ?

.... We, each and every one, are the beloved expressions of the only Artist there is...

"How Great Thou....Art"

Hope this helps you recognize the subjective AND objective proof of that quality in yourself....through the "lens" of this response to your excellent post....
“Why, that’s true! I am a perfect, unlimited gull!” Jonathan opened his eyes asking, "Where are we?” The Elder Chiang said, “We’re on some planet with a green sky and a double star for a sun.” Jonathan made a scree of delight. “IT WORKS!" “Well, of course it works, Jon,” said Chiang. “It always works, when you know what you’re doing." (and even when you don't)