View Single Post
Old 19-03-2018, 10:00 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
Though I think all 'channelings' and (so) 'readings' cannot help but be 'colored' by the 'spirit' (lens?) of the channeling/medium, I too have heard/known of 'accurate' readings, the 'accuracy' of which I presume to be a consequence of the dispassionateness ('passion' is what gives rise to 'bias') of the channeler/medium in relation to whatever it was the channeler/medium/propher was talking about. Examples of distorting 'bias' abound (also) abound however.

My main point against going to and 'believing' what channelers/mediums/prophesying prophets say about 'the future' (yours or others) is that such 'input' into one's pysche, if and as it is assumed to be a pre-ordained fact, then operates to change how one plays 'the game' (from how one would have played it if one thought in terms of all 'possibilities' (including alternative 'god' or 'bad' oustomes) really being possible - IOW, if one really played 'the game', uncertainties included, for all one was 'worth' in one's moment-to-moment here-and-now.

I am reminded on 'fundamentalist' Christians and Muslims smugly expecting that they will go to heaven/paradise because that (outcome) was 'prophesied' for all 'believers' and/or 'followers' of Jesus and Muhammad's 'words'!
Just to clarify David, I'm a medium and although I don't practice any more I used to do rostrum work, so I understand the importance of accuracy. I also know what a difference bias can make so if I'm giving a reading I try and stay as unbiased as I can, concentrating solely on the connection and removing myself from the equation as much as possible. I try to steer very clear of anything to do with the future, if I do say anything about it I stress that anything I say is merely a possibility, nothing more.

I was given an exit point many years ago and since then I've gone into 'Spiritual retirement', I'm very much take it as it comes with no real motivation any more. If that means I'll have stunted Spiritual development I'll Live with that, it's my reality after all and those that matter Love me anyway. As long as I don't do anything stupid, I'll be fine. When I first started this Journey a very wise man said to me "Take what resonates with you as your own truth, leave the rest behind for it is not yours." I've always trusted in that and it's served me well, and I've trusted in that in this instance.

I don't go to mediums, my wife channels and I trust both her and the Spirits she channels. She also has no part in the channelling personally, she has no conscious involvement at all. I of all people know ho fragile the future is because I've been in that situation, so I would neither put anyone else in the same situation nor believe in it myself. I've been let down by 'prophesies' before.

Spiritually I must have accrued any amount of karmic brownie points in my favour without even being 'Spiritual, is there really any harm in feeling as though I just want to sit back on the porch with a few beers and watch the world go by? Doesn't staying after having been given an exit point because there are things I need to do not have any value? My Soul feels metaphorically old, David, and for many things I'm too long in the tooth.

What we express is a reflection of our own consciousness, never that of the subject. Words have power and they have power over those who use them, regardless of the meaning and intent behind them. Always choose your words with care.