View Single Post
Old 18-01-2018, 12:06 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanchain
Hmm ... interesting. I do agree with you that if you can remove yourself from the source of pain, you can heal much quicker.

Okay, it makes sense that you had the support to go through it. I don't have support. I have always been the one to have to fend for myself. Not only that, when someone else had a problem, it was my fault and my responsibility to fix it. When the whole world collapses, I have push it back up. It's not only that I don't have support, it is also that I am responsible for everyone. Naturally, I turned to the invisible beings for help, since I was pushed and pushed to the brink of survival.

Now I still find it hard to get the support that I need. But at least, I am not responsible for everyone now. Although I come across as being a bit antisocial and not a team player. Not exactly where I want to be, but I haven't found a way out yet.
I get support from my therapist, from https://www.reddit.com/r/cptsd and I found a couple of supportive friends at Adult Children of Alcoholics (ACA) meetings. It's for children of alcoholics or dysfunctional families. One of the traits they talk about that results from our upbringing is an overdeveloped sense of responsibility. Here's a link that lists 14 traits people with similar childhoods seems to have:

http://www.adultchildren.org/lit/Laundry_List.php

Also you can search for local meetings on that website. Finding support is hard I know, sometimes a therapist can help us think of things. I'm sorry you're alone, I hope things change for you. I'd been isolated for many years, but things got so bad I went to an ACA meeting out of desperation and met people there. That's also how I found a therapist, someone who went to the meetings said they found a therapist for $25 a session so I thought I'd try it. I'm so glad I did. My family never even considered getting me help for my problems so I never considered it myself. My life could have been so much better if I had help earlier, but I'm just glad I'm finally doing it. I've changed so much these last few years due to getting help. And now things are accelerating even more with the IFS and EMDR therapy.