View Single Post
Old 23-08-2013, 09:07 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seawolf
Hate the sin but love the sinner? Haha I remember that and always thought it sounded off.

There's no reason to be afraid to face our own prejudices, that's part of the whole problem, we are afraid to admit anything 'taboo' like hate since we're imposed standards in society to live up to, and we feel ashamed if we don't appear to follow it. Just like people who are prejudiced against blacks here in the US can't admit that they have hate, it's the same with the spiritual crowd when it comes to 'religion'. They will talk about religion all the time like it's the worse thing in the world, but call it hate to their face and they will deny it up and down. That's because we don't want to let go of our hate, so we pretend it doesn't exist. Add to that the fear of it in our society and the denial embeds even deeper. It's nothing to be afraid of though. Facing ourselves is the hardest thing to do in life but it's the most freeing.

We don't have to afraid to call a spade a spade, we can be fearless if we choose to despite society's pull towards fakeness. Go against the programming. Take responsibility for an emotion that all humans have, and we can begin to understand ourselves and others.
As I said, I hate the silly beliefs, its nothing to do with the ignorant people who so blindly follow those beliefs, now if you want to make a big deal over that, well that's up to you.