View Single Post
Old 11-01-2018, 08:37 PM
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seawolf
Congratulations on healing your trauma!

Thanks! I am not 100% healed yet, but I feel more empowered, and that the past has less power over me.

Quote:
You're right that it seems to start with an awareness, which for many is difficult because PTSD is a separation from the body.

Yes, I remember my consciousness was already very much out of my body by the time I was three.

This inability to be aware is also quite difficult in the sense that if the person is not self-aware, there is very little others can do even if they are aware, because the only person who can change ourselves is us. If someone doesn't realize that they need to change or heal, there is not much you can do to get them to realize it.

Quote:
Even more damaging is emotional trauma. Soldiers have incident-specific trauma, but those raised with the lesser known emotional abandonment trauma have a much harder time healing because it developed with the nervous system as children. The feelings of fear, guilt and shame are embedded deep within and have become part of the person, but I believe healing is still possible. Luckily this is finally being addressed and is now called Complex PTSD or Developmental Trauma.

Yes, I also find developmental trauma very difficult to heal. It's not just the emotional release that has to take place, but also a renovation of the neurological pathways because they were not built properly to begin with. To unlearn and relearn something in your adulthood when you should have learned it in your childhood is extremely difficult.

Wanchain