Thread: Labels?
View Single Post
Old 16-06-2019, 01:43 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anala
I concur. Common nomenclature.

Maybe I am the fifth category, none of the above.

I came from nothing, no spiritual background, no religious background, no labels. I am picking them up along the way.

I can still feel blessed, have faith, send prayers.

I feel sad when people tell me a label and try to stick me in a box. It hurts my heart. Or when people tell me, “you must have a guide,...”

Labels can become more power, control and ego.

Labels can also create division or bring us together.

Labels are tools and each person decides how to use them.

Labels can create or they can destroy and there is a whole continuum in between.

Agree, labels can have impact.

You bring up some good points.

It is how they get used and also in what manner they may be projected upon another.

Some people can roll it off, while another may take it to heart.
But, they can cause pain and affect self image. They can lift one up as well.

Feel can not generalize and assume for all or a group. Each may have his/her own take on it.

I also pick up things along the way and have incorporated things I resonate with or find useful at the present time. Currently don't hold onto any specific practice.

Some may call me gnostic, some spiritual, while others may find me a bit weird, lol.

I gues I too would say none of the above.

It is more how labels get used and the tone of words used.

Yes, labels can be useful. Otherwise quite confusing disguising one thing from another or knowing the ingrediences in something.

When relating to each other can empower or belittle and is the individuals responsibility as to how labels are chosen, if at all, to be used, IMO.