View Single Post
Old 07-06-2013, 08:35 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dee47
I have read and heard that those who commit suicide to escape will have to face the same situation again, only it will be harder. This doesn't refer to those who commit suicide to escape the end stages of a terminal illness, etc. I don't know if this is true. My son committed suicide 4 years ago. I have contacted him through evp (electronic voice phenomenon). One of the things he said, though not in response to my direct question, was "I have to do it again." I am only guessing that he was saying that he would have to have another life and face the same issues he faced in this one, only not commit suicide.

On the other hand, I contacted a psychic who said that my son was mentally ill. I didn't know that he was. I never experienced that he was. He was a very private person who kept his emotions and deepest thoughts to himself. I respected that. Not to do so would have felt like a violation on my part.

I am pretty sure that he suffered a great deal after he killed himself. I believe he saw the devastation he caused and it was very difficult for him to live with. The reason I think this is because my son was very sensitive. I also think this because of the effort he put in to speaking with me through evp and some of the things his friends in the spirit world said. I believe he isolated himself for a time after he died and this isolation was very, very painful. He had to face what he had done. I don't think he realized before he killed himself how much he would hurt others. I didn't know either. Being on the receiving end of his death, I couldn't believe how devastating it was. I could have never imagined it would be so.

One reason my son's death was so traumatic was that he had never shown signs of mental illness or any imbalance whatsoever. He was a gentle soul, but he graduated from high school without incident, went to a 2 year college and took a degree, got a job and worked full time. He didn't seem to have unresolvable problems. He was responsible. He seemed to be okay. The fact that he wasn't was such a surprise to us all that it made recovery from his death that much more difficult. If he had been able to open up, we would have helped him.

I think my son realizes now how much he hurt others and he sees how much he was loved. He committed suicide to escape but in the next world he had to see what he had done and there was no escape. I don't think it has been easy for him.

I don't think anyone punished him for what he has done, but I do think he himself saw the consequences of his action and it was very hard for him.

I am sorry to hear of your loss.

I think it is quite offensive for a psychic to claim that anyone is mentally ill. They are not medical professionals and should never be making such diagnosis's.

That said I have read from a couple places that also agree with what your son said through EVP. That suicide causes the person to come back to earth and do it again. I have even heard some people say that it happens right away and the soul does not get a break..

A troubled individual can hide it really well, that they are indeed facing a tough time. Not many people are aware of it. And sadly, when they do know it. It's usually too late. There are some tell tale signs that some exhibit, but not all of them. The loss of anyone to something such as suicide can be felt through a lot of people. From family, to friends, to even co workers. Sometimes we are people are not aware how many lives we affect. Sometimes we just don't really notice it. That in itself can have a lasting impression on a soul. After all, that is something they now have to carry with them for years after they cross over. It can be quite a burden to know one has hurt someone on such a level without meaning to do it.