Thread: Suicide
View Single Post
Old 20-04-2015, 08:26 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarlettHayden
How does it create a greater ego? In what sense?

When you are killing yourself it is out of a sense of extreme discontentment. You are not happy with the way things are , due to desires and craving which project an ideal scenario which does not match the present one.

But there are many, many,many positives in the world, which the ego does not wish to perceive, gloating mainly on its projected inadequacies and negatives , which are but the projections of the mind or mental world, the result of how we look at things.

The natural state is to be mindful, and live in the moment like a flower, accepting the situation as it is, and bloom.

But the ego thwarts this natural state and state of mindfulness, and strives for self-termination, inaccurately judging that it is inadequate, out of deep unhappiness.

And when you do something under the influence of a certain desire or feeling, you intensify that desire within you.

With stronger desires and cravings, the ego too gets stronger.

Quote:

I would think if anything suicide gives you greater self-awareness as you have been to a place others may not have been.

The soul which had destroyed its body ahead of its natural time, will actually experience more restlessness and unhappiness , which strengthens the ego further. Greater the ego, lesser the self-awareness/mindfulness and vice versa.

Quote:
Considering what I have been through in this life I wouldn't be surprised if I committed suicide at one point in my past lives. But as Shinsoo said love does heal all scars.

I have this feeling that there is courage in you. And pain or suffering nourishes courage if you tackle it with a positive attitude instead of giving in.

Wholesome virtuous behavior progressively leads to the foremost.~ Buddha AN 10.1

If you do right, irrespective of what the other does, it will slow down the (turbulent) mind. ~ Rajini Menon