Thread: Mandela Effect
View Single Post
Old 16-05-2017, 07:34 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goddessa
How can you do you know what these kind of people would do though? Especially after you said you aren't buying this and that "maybe" these people exist? Honest question here.

Anyway this theory, especially in relation to Nelson Mandela, is very intriguing. If Nelson Mandela had died in prison there really would have been some rough times in South Africa. The guy they released from prison has always seemed like a stooge to me. Someone who was released to hold the country together during the transition and to do the bidding of whoever is really in charge, probably for the sake of the economy. It is interesting that people here are strongly divided about the legacy of Nelson Mandela, some see him as some kind of saint and others see him as a sellout and someone who stifled real reconciliation.

Another interesting thing about the Mandela story specifically is that I haven't found anyone here who remembers his funeral in the 80s likes lot of people specifically in the US do. According to them, it was a televised funeral and for weeks or months after they also remember some legal wrangling a over a book (about Mandela). They also remember a speech his wife Winnie made at the funeral and it is interesting to note how completely marginalized and treated with disdain Winnie was after his release.

Yes this is spot on and I know there are many here in the UK and in other countries worldwide who remember his televised funeral and Winnie's presence there. He was seen as a hero. Then instead...years later he was released from prison (???) and they divorced and his legacy was not as clear-cut, though still respected. Very, very odd. Among so many other things.

Peace & blessings,
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke