View Single Post
Old 02-07-2016, 09:10 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by shivatar
What you are feeling in your gut is a challenge worth conquering, a mountain worth climbing.

When you feel the gut wrench, go deeper, ask why, sit with the emotion. Do not turn away, instead find your strength, look to elders who can give strength.

Without saying too much or too little, one thing I used to say to myself when I was conquering things that made my gut wrench (google: Cognitive dissonance. gut drop is a big indicator of CD, and in my humble expert opinion, it's CD, you are identifying with indigo and these labels hardcore, not enjoying the self-awareness it's bringing because it's painful, and so your shadow self absorbs the blow, gives you a punch in the gut so you know, and then you make a choice about what to do. In the past you choose to avoid labels, I ask you to ask yourself why.

That is a great point, and yes, the moment I identified my discomfort around these names/labels, it did occur to me, that this is only my own reality. That names and labels on their own have no meaning and it is my own responsibility discovering when I react to that in such a manner. I realized that it is my own truth that gets contested, and I need to find why this is so. I have the same problem with words twin flame, if not even worse, to the point where I feel discomfort just reading about people talking about how they think they met their TF, which on this forums is a constant thing. I am ok with term soul mate on the other hand, and while I understand that term soul mate does not cover all manifestations of energy, it is the only term I would probably ever use. I did conclude that I am probably disturbed by the term TF, because of my own experience, whatever it may be. Your post is totally on point.

@Michael Elazarus
You explained that beautifully and I agree with you. I did find after reading your post, to be more relaxed when thinking about it haha.