View Single Post
Old 08-03-2017, 03:34 AM
bartholomew

Quote:
Originally Posted by shiningstars

I like that bit - and waking up laughing - how beautiful, James!

Are you saying that you think I can also move into a meditative state relatively easily? If you are, that's interesting I've never really thought that, but I think it might be true. When I first had some very interesting experiences, I remember unpeeling, like an onion. And then there was silence. I think I didn't understand it and got scared back then and went back to the clamor, but I recall.

I perhaps find it easy to move into meditative awareness when I am alone - my skills have diminished somewhat

Re: "artificial means" I was not brought up with any techniques - just simple sitting, simple awareness of, it's boring perhaps but powerfully strong in a spiritual sense.

The tradition I am familiar with, Buddhism, is not interested in the astral realm - I also have little familiarity with it.

It was only until I came across this forum that I realized there are so many people who equate the "interesting" stuff with spirituality - I've always really enjoyed Truth/Dharma and find it very nourishing to my own soul/spirit. For that I am grateful.

shiningstars

Are you saying that you think I can also move into a meditative state relatively easily?It's easy for any of us to do. Sleep is normally lower than waking consciousness. Sleep with a lucid dream is higher than waking consciousness. Waking consciousness is the base line. Meditation is higher than normal consciousness. Meditation is not always about spiritual things. A scientist or a business person is in a meditative state when he/she is developing an idea. There is very little difference between these two examples and the mystic who is sitting in the lotus position. Yes. I believe that you can enter a meditative state quite easily. If you are, that's interesting I've never really thought that, but I think it might be true. When I first had some very interesting experiences, I remember unpeeling, like an onion. And then there was silence. I think I didn't understand it and got scared back then and went back to the clamor, but I recall.The word "clamor" caught my attention. The person who can sit quietly among others who are being loud and uncouth, retaining his/her balance and poise, is meditating. So.... do not make the mistake of considering meditation as being only about what it is commonly defined as being. This is important because once we realize this we suddenly find that we already know how to meditate except that we were doing it for other reasons/objectives. It is easy then to take the next step (of the Buddha).

I perhaps find it easy to move into meditative awareness when I am alone - my skills have diminished somewhat When we are used to a thing we tend to not notice it so much. It is this way with meditation. The adept can enter the desired state and attract to him/herself all the power that is needed for the task at hand very quickly and easily. It will be this way for us all. We were all beginners. We will all be masters.

Re: "artificial means" I was not brought up with any techniques - just simple sitting, simple awareness of, it's boring perhaps but powerfully strong in a spiritual sense.Those who provoke meditation by using mushrooms and other natural plant extracts or by using man made chemicals do enter the meditative state but they go only to the astral because their minds are not functioning normally. If the object is to go to the astral then this is OK. If our object is to go to the realm of human souls or above though our bodies must be cleansed and purified first. The reason for this is because the body is a very powerful influence that seeks dominance. It will not easily let us leave it.

The tradition I am familiar with, Buddhism, is not interested in the astral realm - I also have little familiarity with it.

It was only until I came across this forum that I realized there are so many people who equate the "interesting" stuff with spirituality - I've always really enjoyed Truth/Dharma and find it very nourishing to my own soul/spirit. For that I am grateful.It is interesting and fun too. There is no reason why we have to be serious all the time. The novice will not understand this, yet. After they find their own power though, they can relax and find variations, methods, of wielding it. Many of our spiritual masters are quick to laugh. There is one that I know personally who had a lifetime as the historical figure Pythagoris. I have channeled this man. In that lifetime he was well known for his jokes and playing tricks on others. I felt all of this as I was with him in a spiritual connection.

shiningstars[/quote]

I hope my comments are well received. James