View Single Post
Old 07-06-2012, 11:22 PM
Aquarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altair
I have tried one time a professional hypnosis session, but it was difficult to go under because I would start to get nervous. I would think to myself, "Oh, I better go under...Why is it taking so long for me to under...Am I under yet...I feel sorry for the therapist to keep repeating himself....does he know that I am not under....oh I better stop thinking and go under already. LOL I know it is crazy, but I swear this is what goes on in my mind as I try hypnosis with a professional. With myself it is obviously a differnt.

Does anyone else experience this and what can I do to help this. I always wonder would it be bad to just have a glass of wine before going to a session *LOL*
The quality of professional therapists, although much improved over the last decade, is abysmal. Most hypnotherapists cannot even tell when their client is in a trance. Some use a sweat detector...

I would say it's not your job whether you go into trance or not, but it depends whether you are prepared to stand up for yourself and insist on only paying for worthwhile treatment.

Fast inductions are no better than long inductions in my 16 years experience. You still have to take time to get the client in the right state of mind.