Thread: Dual Soul
View Single Post
Old 22-11-2018, 07:18 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by RadiantPearl
If one were to have a dual soul what sort of characteristics would they have? And does that make you more than one person or whole?
The other day, I was watching a brilliant video on reconciling the aspects of consciousness in those who suffer with Dissociative Identity Disorder...let me see if I can find it again:

https://youtu.be/P7EHLBVBg5Y

This wasn't the one I saw, but says exactly the same thing.

In actuality (well according to my philosophy anyway) there is only ONE "soul" and we do not have "different souls"....Just an embodied component/aspect of an Oversoul (Paramatman) called the Individual Soul (Jivatman) and in that regard, a living entity cannot contain "two different souls" because that would place alternate ego personalities upon the Atman, which exists beyond the 5 koshas or sheaths of the physical body...even though, in the case of Multiple Personality Disorder or even conjoined (Siamese) twins, they seem to have more than 5 koshas...and a whole different chakra/nadi system and this has always held an immense fascination for me as a student of Yoga.