View Single Post
Old 04-03-2012, 11:08 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Native spirit
Hi Morningmist,

My dad never believed in the afterlife spiritwold etc.he used to say iy was rubbish, well being a medium you can guess the kind of conversations we had, but just before he passed away he asked me what it was like in the spiritworld, but the names i was called by my family for being born as i am,i no longer cared what they thought , but my dad was adamant that i was was speaking rubbish ..but he knows better now doesnt he,

Namaste

Ah yes, that is the cross all spiritual teachers must bear. Some will be ready to hear and accept your words and truth will ring clear. Others will not be ready to hear or accept your words and you will face incredulity, sneering, mockery, even hostility. That is how it is.
In this case, you spoke of an afterlife and were not believed.
(The fact is most people are frightened of dying, to the extent that most of them don't want to think about it, never mind talk about it. But, you gave him/them your light. Even if they ridiculed your words, those words registered in their minds, in their subconscious.)
And when the time came, lo!, you were right all along - and the knowledge you implanted in him came to the fore - and helped him.
The key thing here is this; giving out spiritual teachings/truths is like planting seeds. Like the parable of the sower in the Bible, this is what he meant - Sometimes the seed will fall on fertile ground and take root and fluorish. Other times it will fall on stoney ground and lie dormant, but one day the conditions will be right....

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com