View Single Post
Old 22-10-2010, 04:50 AM
incognito1948

Life after death question

I've read most of the answers sparrow has given but I am curious as it seems others are as well regarding the existence of hell. Approximately 20 years ago after searching going from church to church trying to find the answer to my questions about religion and God - I decided organized religion was not the answer for me - a counselor at the VA introduced me to spiritualism. I have studied, read hundreds of books, watched TV shows (History channel, etc) and this feels right for me. In my studies I have grown to believe we all go to another demension (call it heaven) but may reincarnate if we feel the need as sparrow so wonderfully explained in another post. I have also come to believe the only hell exists in our minds as some have pointed out, however; today I was watching some you tube accounts of near death experiences and there were several people who said they went to a place that souls were pulling them down, scratching etc. and that person became extremely fearful but later came back to life and realized they needed to change their ways. The majority of these people explaining this experience indicated they were athiests but after their experience turned to God. What struck me was near the end of their account they a couple said "if you do not believe in hell than you had better think twice because it is real and I have been there." I am curious what anyone thinks of this. thank you