View Single Post
Old 01-02-2007, 10:30 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by tiltjlp
Normally I'd pull and possibly delete this thread, but I think, in light of Enlightener stating that this isn't a good idea, and everyone else agreeing, that I'll leave it as a warning. And I'll even add my own personal experience.

I'm 60, overweight, diabetic, and have extremely severe arthritis. Because of these factors, I have suffered ongoing and worsening sleep deprivation for the past 10 years. I am never as alert or as attentive as I should or want to be. I have fallen asleep in front of my computer, and usually can only read for a few minutes at a time. Because I'm always, I don't use the best judgment at times, and have injured myself many times, mostly from stumbling.

I used to average 2-3 hours of sleep a day, and not all at one time. Luckily, my situation has improved slightly over the past 6-8 months, and I now usually get 4 or 5 hours sleep most days, in one long nap. But my sleep isn't as restful or as deep as it should be, and if I'm awoken, it's impossible to get back to sleep. This is a serious medical condition, and IMNSHO, should not be toyed with.

John

Just wanted to express my profound sadness for your condition john, tell me does vipassna meditation prior to sleep help at all?