View Single Post
Old 17-04-2012, 02:25 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mind's Eye
It is an interesting mind that would rather believe it is a walking, evolutionary accident with no spiritual reality; rather than to believe it is more than flesh and blood and see the wonder in the universe around them. Why do you think some folks think in this way Kev?

I think they have the false belief that science and spirituality simply cannot coexist - that staunch belief in one precludes and real faith in the other. Of course most of the great scientists and physicists knew this wasn't true, as even Einstein (yes, another Einstein quote - he was cool! And kinda' smart) said :

"Science without religion is lame, religion without science is blind"

My hope is that one day, this seeming false dichotomy will slip away for good so that we as a species can truly evolve into something more than we are. It is evident, to me at least, that a lack of belief in something more, something greater, will only lead us further down the path of self destruction. I would add that science without spirituality, and based on materialistic beliefs only, is a poison that disguises itself as "progress"....

Many Blessings All,

QuanKev