View Single Post
Old 17-05-2015, 08:28 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by metal68
I can follow that train of thought, if I was to ask you your convictions of the afterlife on a scale of 1 to 10 where would you be at??

I'm probably 5.5, somedays I might get up to 6.5 even 7, other days I'm down to as low as 4 or even 3 on a dark day (these are plentiful). many on here are so convinced from experience I suspect they will comfortably say 9.5 or 10.

Interesting question. What comes to mind is where I am at in any given moment. My awareness of my own sensing and knowing may not always be at the forefront of my mind. (We all still have a life to live each day) and can easily take my focus away for a while, doesn't mean knowing its gone, but that I continue to live life at every moment.

If for some reason I may experience a surface event that may temporarily lead me to question (I would say about 7) I take a moment to step back, observe what's going on and find myself without decision reconnecting back to the truth of sensing and knowing, its hard to describe but in an instant to me the truth causes such an internal shift to an unexplainable contentment and peace (I can comfortably say 9 why not 10?) because while we are in this body there will always be trying waves of doubt resulting from the ego's continuous questioning and fear.

This dispels the surface experiences of life.

I believe completely where possible exploring, understanding and mastering the ego in itself brings a sense of freedom where truth can enter. Truth is there within each one of use, always has been, we are learning to remove the blocks to this awareness.