View Single Post
Old 30-11-2017, 03:42 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by astralwanderer
I have had dozens of OBEs, all of which began around 2011. Mine have all been spontaneous. I resisted for years (had sleep paralysis hundreds if not thousands of times) before I finally realized what was happening and surrendered to it. I wasn’t sure what to think of it at first but I now view it as a gift.

In perusing the forum, I see that a lot of people struggle to learn to project and others don’t struggle but do it with intention, as opposed to spontaneously. So I suppose the question that is constantly at the front of my mind is...why? Why did this spontaneously come to me?

Is there anyone else that can relate?

The first few times it happened to me spontaneously also, well for the first few years actually. In fact it was really hard to believe so I started seeing if I could navigate, go where I wanted, upon discovering I could I chose places I knew nothing about but could Google to get pictures of afterwards. This is what finally convinced me I was actually traveling out of body for real. After some years of effort I learned how to do it when I wanted and no spontaneously.

I believe we do it spontaneously because we can - because it is part of our inherent abilities. Sort of like a baby not taught to walk and not seeing anyone walking will still naturally discover it can stand on two legs and learn to walk in time. We are spirits in a human body, as spirits we can move about out of the body too, I think it is just natural that some of us discover that, whether through practice and training or accidentally.