View Single Post
Old 04-02-2018, 02:54 PM
Eelco

Quote:
Originally Posted by swampgrl

The OP has a tone of practicality so a little bit of thoughts on that goes as follows:

Perhaps duality is a turning against ____? Maybe one-way to look at the yin-yang symbol is as a turning against in which a turning towards is included. In psychological terms, I believe the term is introspection, which may lead to a higher consciousness but still, IMO, duality.
I am no non-duality scholar, so I may be wrong (I often am)
Isn't non-duality described as direct pointing?
The subforum name in that regards describes a state as if that realization has already been made. It points directly to the realization. Until we find ourselves there however there are some practices we can do or train to help us stumble over the end realization quicker. In other words(and to steal a good quote). Enlightenment is an accident. Some practices makes us accident prone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swampgrl
Maybe that is it? For entertainment only?

Do you think it is?
If I look around and see all the people realizing different things which may cause them suffering instead of happy accidents. I wonder.. Can these people be helped to have a happy accident? Do they even want to? What makes me think it would be beneficial to them?

With Love
Eelco