View Single Post
Old 23-01-2018, 08:58 PM
kjw47

Quote:
Originally Posted by minxoto
I have an old friend that is a weekend-alcoholic. He gets so drunk that he almost blacks out. He has a very peculiar behavior and say many strange things.

Now I understand that he actually can't help revealing himself.

I know God and Jesus is a good thing for alcoholics because the faith gives an option to hide ones (or the family tree) all it's sins. In addition one don't get any reason to be bad against others (which includes filling us with their own waste of words).

But christianity is not the only helpful thing. One can go far with psychology also - maybe at least get so close that one pressures forward a need to pray.

My old friend talked a lot about telepathy when he was drinking. He was only joking though (he's no believer in spiritual or supernatural stuff) - but now I wonder. What is he hiding? What doesn't he want to talk about? Is it some sin? His or his family?

How can I get closer to this? Should I confront him with an e-mail or just pray for him? Do any of you wise friends of Spiritual Forum have any suggestions or experiences with this?

I'm thinking - I want to pressure him to pray or confess - but I'm not sure if direct confrontation is the smartest thing? I have an ace in my sleeve when I know that he hides a sin and at the same time he doesn't know that I know. Or should I let him know that I know?

1Cor 6:9-11--- drunkards will NOT enter Gods kingdom--as well as many other sins listed there, which i believe includes--drug addiction. Confessing is good--but the stopping of the doing of A sin = real repentence.