View Single Post
Old 10-03-2019, 02:36 AM
Knower
Post Question about The Vedas, The Upanishads

Namaste,

I need a little help.Excuse for the intelligent questions, but no other way.I generally in the past, have had found myself being confused when reading writings of Hinduism. So, here I am again.

I want to read The Vedas and the Upanishads.

In some sites it said that Upanishads are part of the Vedas. I don't really know that and what exactly is are their purposes.

I have downloaded:

"Four Vedas - Rig Veda, Yajur Veda, Sama Veda & Atharva Veda." So i just want confirmation , that these are the real, actual writings.

"The Upanishads" by Swami Paramananda. It says, there are three Upanishads in that book.All editions of the Upanishads I could find, in English or my Native language are all not more than 120-smartphone pages, which usually is not much information. And seems to be small amount of data for the Upanishads. Unless, i am just wrong.

----------!

I ask these questions, because I want to read the actual writings. And I have experience in the past with false information.

If you want to suggest a very particular edition or a guru who has intepretated the writings and/or a credible download source i am very open to auggestions.

Thank you.
Om!