View Single Post
Old 16-11-2019, 03:07 PM
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
I had an OBE at four months old and it's the most vivid memory of my life. I was also awake. The interesting thing is I have no recollection of what baby me was thinking, only what awareness was witnessing from outside the body. It was also just witnessing/experiencing, having no thoughts, opinions or even emotional reactions.

It was at the family summer camp in the mountains. Baby me was being cradled and soothed in mom's arms because it was crying up a storm. She was sitting at the kitchen table with dad sitting on the other side. It was midnight and the radio was playing its going off the air melody. The only thing I know about baby me was that song irritated the heck out of it. I was over and behind mom's right shoulder, soaking in the entire room.

The first time I told this story to anyone was to mom when I was in my early twenties. She was stunned, saying I couldn't possible remember that because I was just four months old, but I described the scene in detail, even humming the cheesy going off the air song and mentioning dad was chucking. It's still fresh in my mind like it was yesterday.

So no, I don't think an OBE is a lucid dream. Some years back I devoted five or six months to lucid dreaming and had some success. I know what they feel like. I'm in my dream body but with waking consciousness.

Best I can tell it's a genuine experience outside the physical body, however I'm not certain what aspect of me was outside. It didn't seem to have personality, thoughts or emotions but maybe that was just because I was so young? However I did have intelligence way beyond that of an infant. I understood exactly what was going on in the room.

If you have been honest, then welcome to the club. That is because, you didn't carry the baggage of your yet not formed Ego.