View Single Post
Old 19-10-2019, 10:54 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honza
Hinduism has taught me the importance of self respect, the truth of the Universal "I", and that I Am God.

However where it worries me is that in Hinduism there is no "you". There are no others. Everything is my own self. That worries me because I am so used to treating everyone else as their own self and as real people in their own right.

Hinduism also has no real "we are", since you are not real then "we are" cannot be either.

Finally Hinduism has no objective God who has the last say on any matter. Everything is ones OWN self in Hinduism and not an objective reality in its own right.

So I have learned that I AM. But I cling onto my Western understanding of others and a separate and objective God.

It is really surprising that your understanding of Hinduism seems to be a jugglery of words that is far from reality. While the Western understanding or Christianity focus on virtues of Love , Mercy, and Charity, Hinduism focuses on 26 virtues including these three. Hinduism stresses on cultivation of these virtues and doing good Karma to get liberation from birth and death cycle.