View Single Post
Old 13-08-2019, 04:33 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moondance
Good questions, Uday.

Nonduality (small ’n’) in the purest sense of the term refers to the felt-sense gnosis of not-two. The sense that Reality is of ‘one taste’ - all manifestation and phenomena are the expression/movement/modulation of a singular principle. It’s a felt-sense of present immediacy (THIS) where the past and future (and the distortions in perception that they give rise to) are seen to be unreal. This ‘clear seeing’ could be said to be antithetical to the fog of belief and ideology (and other ‘religious’ overlays.)

At the very start of the journey perhaps a certain amount of faith and belief necessary in order to be motivated along the path. But it’s my understanding that real motivation comes from a deep sense of lack, confusion and existential dissatisfaction. In fact it’s the very inability/unwillingness to settle - including settling for second hand beliefs - that makes one a truth seeker in the first place.

Very well said Moondance. Thanks for your insightful inputs.
My motivation came from my first love “Physics”. When I started seeking answers from the scientific thought, I became restless and kept researching on the latest advances in particle physics, cosmology, quantum electrodynamics and even genetics. To my utter dismay I found that the cutting edge theories proposed were well disguised speculations to somehow find a fit with the observed phenomenon.

I also found that the topnotch scientists too made references to ancient wisdom and sought parallels to the concept of non-duality (More particularly Advaita) and hinted that the ultimate truth is reachable through internal (as the sages did) rather than external enquiries (the hallmark of science),

This led me to look inward. That is how seeking happened. Life as it happens is without any purpose and beyond any personal doership of a me or the other.
Namaskar