View Single Post
Old 06-09-2013, 11:36 AM
Dream Librarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goldenlegacy
Hi,
I am new here. I suck at Lucid Dreaming. I've always wanted to do it and yet, I can never push myself to do it for some reason. I guess I have somewhat of a fear to try it. I've tried to become lucid while in my dreams but I always forget and then I end up waking up after dreaming and thinking "I just had a dream but I was not lucid at all. DAMNIT."

I look at all these amazing Lucid Dream stories and I want to have my own adventures and stories to tell. I want to be able to control my dream instead of just going with the flow of my dreams and letting them control me. I also want to use lucid dreaming as a way to explore my mind and also overcome fears and gain confidence.

Can anyone help me? I would love to start lucid dreaming.

Why do you see your dreams as not you? The thing is when you are not lucid in a dream you have the opportunity to notice all the things going on in the dream that you do not see when occupied in creating it consciously. Your dreams are already your own adventures, amazing stories you can tell. If you truly wish to lucid dream then stop trying to become lucid and start notice your dreams. Be playful with them, embrace them and interact.