View Single Post
Old 23-07-2013, 01:40 AM
Eltanin Sadachbia

I wouldn't know about spells but I do try and use green methods of eliminating pests.

One tried and true method is using a crystalline type of substance such as borax or diotomaceous earth, and a sodium substance such as salt or baking soda. The former is used to scour the shell so the bugs lose moisture, and the later draws the moisture out of the bug and speeds the process.

I know the borax and salt works wonders on fleas, but I have never had bedbugs to try it on. You just powder the surfaces and vacuum every day. The vacuum is your best friend right now. Be sure to vacuum any cracks or seams, and under and around everywhere the little scutters can hide.

If you have an upholstery steamer (or if you can borrow one) it would do wonders for you as well.

Once you make a dent in them, I would recommend getting your hand on some dried chrysanthemum (petals) to powder and add to a spray bottle. It is a good repellent for many insect pests. I also like to spread the powder under furniture that I don't move often.

Good luck.