View Single Post
Old 24-02-2013, 06:19 PM
StephenK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Envolucris
I always feel like there are far more talented fellow artists, even if I know it's not constructive to compare.

I really enjoyed the links that you posted! But not as much as I've enjoyed seeing where you are at specifically with your own talents...!

I understand the inclination to look into what others are doing and then to reflect on where you are at in relation to "their" proficiency... but that's not really relevant when you're exploring your own pathway... these artist were faced with their own challenges as well, and little piece by little piece they slowly found their own footing... what you're not seeing on these sites are the endless, less-perfected; sketches, technical explorations, and technique-fails, until they finally arrived at a place where such finished work is possible... each little technique that you can perfect on it's own, regardless of a finished end-product, is a win! This was something that I encountered over and over again on the several photoshop style forums that I played on for roughly three years (haven't done so in a while because I'm currently neck-deep in to exploring the emerging science in relation to general physical health :^). But while doing the photoshop stuff I continually strived for an end product, but such was far less important to me than the techniques that were explored within each en-devour. So much so that I got to where I could care less if I were to ever produce anything that was earth shattering, or laudable. It was the joy of the exploration that's become everything! That's were the magic is! Piece upon piece upon piece is how we build... seemingly millions of really small things weaving around each other, searching for harmony in relation to each other, all combining to birth a whole that is much stronger for the blend...!

So the "end" is just the culmination of a really fun organic process... and it's the place that I currently see you in relation to your talent that I find the most interesting, and not so much an specific end result....

I find that as we bond ourselves to the excitement of growth in relation to our evolving efforts as our most rewarding focus, then the rest, over time, will come naturally... :^)