View Single Post
Old 12-03-2016, 02:28 AM
Super Moderator
Quote:
Originally Posted by SoulsInMotion
Walking, especially somewhere in nature in peace, or at night when people are off the streets, can be its own motivation after you get used to it. You realize how it clears your head and helps organize your thoughts, and how your entire body works better after doing it. It's different from running or jogging. You also get addicted to the point that eventually you want to go longer and longer distances. I went from barely being able to do a couple of kilometers on my own to doing 6 on a regular basis. Sometimes last year I went out on combination bikeride/walks that took me over 20 km. Some of my best memories have been walks.

It doesn't matter what age or how weak you think you are. Walking is the ultimate thing that will show you that you have strength and endurance beyond what you thought. It will change you. It is a spiritual experience unto itself.

I totally agree. Walking is a very balancing and nice thing to do. It doesn't even matter if it's raining or snowing so long as you wear waterproof gear etc. You can always dry off when back home and glowing...and have some hot soup!
Many a pain has been walked off! Many a 'grunge mood' has been walked off !