View Single Post
Old 17-04-2017, 02:56 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ground
But people are living in a discursive world and in a world of valid differences that can be experienced in everyday life and on which life does depend. How could 'All is One' be other than a conceptual escapism necessarily defeated in life? Sectarianism and isolation (in a commmunity of believers) may be an outcome of such an approach.

Any fantasy that causes nice agreeable feelings may be kind soothing or kind of 'liberating' (from feelings one does not like) ... but it's only a transient experience. Of course that does not deny any transient relief and if spirituality is only about transient relief by means of cultivated fantasies then so be it, I don't mind.

Resonance maybe with a concept/idea but does not feel like a conceptual happening even though I would say it is the mind that resonates. As the word suggests it feels like a vibration, a connection, like electricity down a wire from mind to the solution it has discovered and is excited and enthusiastic about. To end a feeling of disconnection from the Supreme (or whatever term is given to the totality without distinction or discrimination) I would suggest that the resonance would need to be profound. People can judge for themselves as I would guess that it is a uniquely persona lexperience, although I feel they would know it when they had it. I must emphasise that is not necessary to have this experience for connection to Oneness for it must already be Oneness not having it.

Nor is it necessary for the feeling of disconnection to end for the same reason.