View Single Post
Old 06-07-2012, 04:42 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sybilline
I believe in near-death experiences, and even life after death experiences (where people are pronounced medically DEAD but are revived after a couple of minutes). But what seems strange to me is that, why do Christians see Jesus, or Hell or Angels, while people who don't believe in that see Light, rivers, flowers, tunnels, black holes, sweeping darkness, really really vivid colors, "love" (they can't explain what it looks like, they just know)? Perhaps our own faith leads us to see what we see in these experiences, perhaps it takes longer than immediately after death for the "truth" to be revealed. Maybe our Buddhist brothers and sisters will see something significant to their faith too, likewise with our Muslim, Tao, Jewish, etc brothers and sisters.

It was a long time ago that I read Michael Newton's books on the afterlife. One of the cases was of a man who lived a life as a priest preaching rather forcefully to his congregation about hell if his parishioners sinned. When he died and passed over to the other side he recalled being greeted by one of his soul group members (if my memory serves me) who wore a devlish mask to spook him as a prank (given he was a hard nosed preacher of the devil and all). He does spook him .... only to later reveal himself by taking off the mask and they have a laugh about it.